Land of Hope and Dreams
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Deal du moment : -39%
Pack Home Cinéma Magnat Monitor : Ampli DENON ...
Voir le deal
1190 €

Springsteen On Broadway: Set list et impressions.

+28
sonic boom
Marc
yvvan
bobe
François
transpirator
outlawpedro
Fabrice
TOF
pspa2
skip mccoy
crazymat
Sipalyne
alcor
nes
Thunderoader
nancy girl
bbj
jamestwest64
garageland
arizona
foué
metalxiii
turnpike
Jack of all trades
RedSean
phil
Kyle William
32 participants

Page 2 sur 5 Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Suivant

Springsteen On Broadway: Set list et impressions.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Springsteen On Broadway: Set list et impressions.

Message  Jack of all trades Ven 6 Oct 2017 - 14:47

https://pinkcadillacmusic.wordpress.com/2017/10/06/springsteen-on-broadway-3-show-05-10-2017/

Un petit diapo de photos et petit bonus : de 2 courtes vidéos ,Lohad et Born to run
Jack of all trades
Jack of all trades

Album préféré : Darkness On The Edge Of Town

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Springsteen On Broadway: Set list et impressions.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Springsteen On Broadway: Set list et impressions.

Message  Kyle William Ven 6 Oct 2017 - 14:54

RedSean a écrit:
Il est aussi écrit dans ce forum qu'il cherche a tout prix à rester dans l'actualité et à faire du profit. Si on se pose deux secondes on voit bien que si c'était le cas, le Bruce s'y prendrait autrement.

huhuhu… je n'ai pas tout à fait dit ça comme ça, je démens formellement, mes propos ont été tronqués et sortis de leur contexte !

Kyle William

Message  RedSean Ven 6 Oct 2017 - 17:33

Alors au temps pour moi Smile

RedSean

Message  Fabrice Jeu 12 Oct 2017 - 20:50

Un compte-rendu du concert d'hier soir (posté sur BTX) :

The first two-thirds of Bruce Springsteen’s show on broadway is revelatory, amazing, engrossing, and indeed lives up to Bruce’s definition of his ‘magic trick’ being summoning up ‘proof of life’. The mixing of storytelling and music is especially powerful if you’ve read his autobiography, as most of the stories are excerpted from there, and you have that additional context of the larger narrative that can call up.

The show sits at the intersection of experiences of him ranging from his solo acoustic tours, with a band, and reading his book (or even better — hearing his own audiobook reading). If you’ve seen Bruce on his solo tours and listened to his book, then the experience will be familiar. Here the feeling is one of summation — a man who’s lived an charmed and ecstatic life, sharing glimpses of the past, with its rich tapestry of interwoven despair and joy — and ending with the wisdom and hopes for the present. The later music certainly seems more wantonly anthemic, but for me the more experimental first part of the show and the fresh take on the ‘Born to Run’ material is where my spirit was the most lifted.

The full setlist is below, and we’ll go through it bit by bit now.

The show starts with an origin story leading to and entwining itself in ‘Growin' Up’. This is what we’ve been promised and it is great. You can always read the book and hear the song, but having Bruce do it like this would be hard to reproduce in media.

My Hometown on the piano — A long descriptive story about Freehold and the power of place over a gentle ostinato on the piano leads into a beautiful rendition this song.

My Father's House on the guitar — The story about going with his mom to pick up his dad at the bar leading to a haunting guitar version.

The Wish on the piano. A beautiful story about his mother leads to a soulful version of this. The heart beats on.

Thunder Road on the guitar. Epic. Masterful. I’ve come to regard this as Bruce’s true masterpiece, with a subtle and changing melody, lyrics that poetically shimmer between the supernatural and real. Those words come to LIFE in this performance and with this acoustic setting.
A lot like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjxNBnzIJP8 but with no crowd singing.

The Promised Land on the guitar - The story about his bands first cross country drive and his first experience of the southwest desert leads into this song. The performance is electrifying especially when he goes off mic and steps to the edge of the stage and his voice sings the end rawly to the theater unmediated by any technology. I didn’t make the connection between the imagery of the song lyrics and the story as I read it in the book, but now I see where it came from and it’s added to the color and perception of the song in my heart permanently. I’ll always think of this performance when I hear it from now on.

Born in the U.S.A. A radically different versionvery bluesy on the guitar

Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out the peak of the show — on the piano. Show clocks at around 1 hour and 20 minutes at this point.
Tougher Than the Rest (with Patti Scialfa) OK, this was the first song where my trance I was in was broken.

After this point the theatrical performance starts veering more into concert territory, with a lot less narrative and more music delivered mainly on the guitar.

Brilliant Disguise (with Patti Scialfa)
A pretty strident tempo duet version with A LOT of downstrokes on the guitar, like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZit20FYI_s, but these was a weird plinking sound with each strum. It loudly chugs at mid-tempo and frankly seemed overdone. I would’ve loved, loved, loved to hear this on the piano or with a more gentle, vulnerable picking that Bruce has done, such as the masterful Thunder Road.

Long Walk Home — OK, not a bad song to mix in…nice but more booming chugging guitar. And the lyrics are so much more obvious and cliche in imagery in what they are trying to do when compared to the earlier songs. Contrasted with the masterworks in the set in this bare acoustic setting, the difference in quality becomes stark and obvious.

The Rising — Good. But not as good as the Devil’s and Dust versions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IszvgG_gx2I. Regards, the ‘dream of life’ parts where great — I still remember those on from Devil’s and Dust show.

Dancing in the Dark - Another chugging version that seemed to be trying to inject a bit of arena propulsion in to the theater. Technically his biggest hit, so maybe he felt he needed to include it.
Leading directly without talking to…
Land of Hope and Dreams — continues the chugging with a fine rendition of the song.

Bruce gives a final benediction and recites the Lord's prayer.

Born to Run is on the guitar and a real reminder of Bruce’s genius when he was stretching himself beyond his absolute max in a do-or-die go for broke bid to create a masterpiece. The Born to Run material really shines here - the delivery renews the monumental and oft-heard lyrics with the fresh heat, intimacy, and fragrance of a new fire.

Was it worth the price? Hard to answer. Definitely for me — I was up in the balcony — lucky to get $75 tickets two days earlier in a last minute ticket release. More on that at the end* Being in the balcony was nice, we could see him and hear him just fine, but I’ve seen him twice before at a similar or closer distance, once at a Devils and Dust show in Minneapolis from around row H in Northop Auditorium, and once when a blessed fan who won entry into the pit walked to the back of Xcel arena and gave me his stageside seat for a beer. Springsteen fans are a generous and fair lot, the previous ticket was sold to me at face value on craigslist a few days before that show when the buyer’s friend couldn’t make the show. May you find similar blessings as you look for Bruce. Would I pay $850 or $400 for the experience — those that are close surely have that ineffable proximity multiplier of having a music hero close in their space and may have experienced it as such. I would say it is as magnificent an performance as you can get from Bruce, but I wouldn’t say it was the Holy Grail that stands above his other performances. I had $850 that didn’t have to go to bills or debt payment, I would say that buying a stageside ticket at an arena concert would be just as satisfying —if not more so. However I am very happy I went since the first two thirds and the ending were really magical and transporting and very revelatory of Mr. Springsteen.

SETLIST:
Growin' Up
My Hometown
My Father's House
The Wish
Thunder Road
The Promised Land
Born in the U.S.A.
Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
Tougher Than the Rest (with Patti Scialfa)
Brilliant Disguise (with Patti Scialfa)
The Rising
Long Walk Home
Dancing in the Dark
Land of Hope and Dreams
Born to Run

* I lost the lottery but there was an option to to sign up to hear about extra tickets released before the show. The site states that the tickets would be $200-$850, but when I got the text with the code and instructed to check the site, I found that there were some $75 ones as well, and well…that’s what I can afford. So if you’re in the area and still looking for tickets, do enter the lottery and do check the box for being texted last minute tickets.

Fabrice
Fabrice
Admin

Message  Fabrice Jeu 12 Oct 2017 - 23:22

Une critique négative sur NJ.com :

http://www.nj.com/entertainment/music/index.ssf/2017/10/springsteen_on_broadway_review_walter_kerr_2017_ph.html
Fabrice
Fabrice
Admin

Message  Fabrice Ven 13 Oct 2017 - 2:11

La suite des critiques :

https://pitchfork.com/thepitch/bruce-springsteens-broadway-show-is-the-loneliest-thing-hes-ever-done/

http://nypost.com/2017/10/12/springsteens-broadway-debut-is-dissolving-the-audience-to-tears/

https://www.stereogum.com/1966938/bruce-springsteen-brings-15-songs-a-lifetime-of-stories-to-broadway/franchises/sounding-board/

http://variety.com/2017/legit/reviews/theater-review-springsteen-on-broadway-1202588391/
Fabrice
Fabrice
Admin

Message  marv Ven 13 Oct 2017 - 7:47

Et pour Kyle,
celle de Backstreets mr green

http://www.backstreets.com/broadway.html

Ne voulant pas trop en savoir avant mon petit périple de décembre, je n'ai rien lu.

marv

Message  Fabrice Ven 13 Oct 2017 - 10:38

Celle du NY Times:

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/10/12/theater/bruce-springsteen-on-broadway-review.html?referer=http://www.playbill.com/article/what-did-critics-say-about-springsteen-on-broadway
Fabrice
Fabrice
Admin

Message  Kyle William Ven 13 Oct 2017 - 13:24

marv a écrit:Et pour Kyle,
celle de Backstreets mr green

http://www.backstreets.com/broadway.html

merci !

Kyle William

Message  Fabrice Ven 13 Oct 2017 - 15:11

La presse british y était aussi... je ne sais si les correspondants de la presse française étaient invités..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/what-to-listen-to/bruce-springsteen-enraptures-broadway-debut-springsteen-broadway/

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/oct/13/bruce-springsteen-review-walter-kerr-theatre-broadway-new-york
Fabrice
Fabrice
Admin

Message  turnpike Ven 13 Oct 2017 - 15:24

En tout cas, l'ami De Caunes était à son micro de France Inter pour "popopop" cet après-midi !

turnpike

Message  yvvan Ven 13 Oct 2017 - 19:30

pas grand chose sur les googles actualité en français

selon l'article du telegraph, il semble que Springsteen a retrouvé la guitare du seeger session tour
Springsteen On Broadway: Set list et impressions.  - Page 2 TELEMMGLPICT000143425695_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq_DWN6u9C5QkYa5Y-z8p66fmYSBah4C7WHhaDq3KYdmI

l'article du NJ.com, comme si Springsteen voulait raccrocher
"I hope I have been a good traveling companion."
En tout cas, on est dans le bilan
yvvan
yvvan

Album préféré : Born To Run

https://soundcloud.com/fabienmusic-1

Message  transpirator Ven 13 Oct 2017 - 23:18

yvvan a écrit:pas grand chose sur les googles actualité en français

selon l'article du telegraph, il semble que Springsteen a retrouvé la guitare du seeger session tour
Springsteen On Broadway: Set list et impressions.  - Page 2 TELEMMGLPICT000143425695_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq_DWN6u9C5QkYa5Y-z8p66fmYSBah4C7WHhaDq3KYdmI

l'article du NJ.com, comme si Springsteen voulait raccrocher
"I hope I have been a good traveling companion."
En tout cas, on est dans le bilan

ben, c'est vrai qu'ça fait peur une guitare comme ça... Shocked

transpirator
transpirator

Message  Fabrice Sam 14 Oct 2017 - 2:02

L'article du LA Times :

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/arts/la-et-cm-springsteen-broadway-review-mcnulty-20171012-htmlstory.html

et celui du New yorker :

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/culture-desk/on-broadway-springsteen-channels-his-inner-springsteen
Fabrice
Fabrice
Admin

Message  Jack of all trades Sam 14 Oct 2017 - 4:55

Jack of all trades
Jack of all trades

Message  metalxiii Sam 14 Oct 2017 - 5:14

Le concert du 11 octobre est disponible dans la jungle (pas écouté)
metalxiii
metalxiii

Message  outlawpedro Sam 14 Oct 2017 - 8:18

metalxiii a écrit:Le concert du 11 octobre est disponible dans la jungle (pas écouté)

J'ai écouté ...
son assez moyen notamment les passages parlés. Très difficile pour un non anglophone de comprendre. Et ils représentent tout de même 45 mn sur les deux heures de show, mais c’était le but du "truc" (si j'ai bien compris).
Au final quelque chose d'assez soporifique pour moi, mais peut être est-ce du à la qualité de l’enregistrement. Springsteen On Broadway: Set list et impressions.  - Page 2 599112001

outlawpedro
outlawpedro

Message  phil Sam 14 Oct 2017 - 10:05

Springsteen On Broadway: Set list et impressions.  - Page 2 Newsbw10

Bruce tu peux chanter "hold up without a gun" !!!! Springsteen On Broadway: Set list et impressions.  - Page 2 1052170044
phil
phil

Album préféré : The River

Message  Marc Sam 14 Oct 2017 - 10:15

outlawpedro a écrit:
metalxiii a écrit:Le concert du 11 octobre est disponible dans la jungle (pas écouté)

J'ai écouté ...
son assez moyen notamment les passages parlés. Très difficile pour un non anglophone de comprendre. Et ils représentent tout de même 45 mn sur les deux heures de show, mais c’était le but du "truc" (si j'ai bien compris).
Au final quelque chose d'assez soporifique pour moi, mais peut être est-ce du à la qualité de l’enregistrement.  Springsteen On Broadway: Set list et impressions.  - Page 2 599112001

D'accord avec toi sur ce coup-là Pedro, pour les passages chantés ça va, pour la parlotte c'est lointain et à peine audible Embarassed
Le gars avait sans doute dû prendre une place à 75 ou à 200 $ et être au fond du théâtre Springsteen On Broadway: Set list et impressions.  - Page 2 599112001

Franchement il déconne, il aurait pu prendre une place à 850 $ quand même Very Happy

Pour ceusses qui veulent se faire leur propre opinion c'est là Broadway 11 Octobre

Par contre désolé je pense que ce n'est pas dans le bon ordre (j'ai foiré l'upload Springsteen On Broadway: Set list et impressions.  - Page 2 1841303705 ), le bon ordre c'est ça

Springsteen On Broadway: Set list et impressions.  - Page 2 Setlis10
Marc
Marc
Admin

Message  Fabrice Sam 14 Oct 2017 - 15:04

Il semble que le show du 5 octobre est disponible sur Dime et que le son est de meilleur qualité.
Fabrice
Fabrice
Admin

Message  metalxiii Sam 14 Oct 2017 - 15:15

Fabrice a écrit:Il semble que le show du 5 octobre est disponible sur Dime et que le son est de meilleur qualité.

Il est aussi dans la jungle.

Reste à l'écouter.
metalxiii
metalxiii

Message  outlawpedro Sam 14 Oct 2017 - 15:54

metalxiii a écrit:
Fabrice a écrit:Il semble que le show du 5 octobre est disponible sur Dime et que le son est de meilleur qualité.

Il est aussi dans la jungle.

Reste à l'écouter.

Son superbe effectivement !
Même pour les non anglophones, les parties parlées semblent pouvoir se "décoder" et il nous gratifie  également d' un "Tenth..." de plus de huit minutes Smile .
Je vais essayer d'écouter çà ce W-E..
Je sens revenir le temps des vines Smile
outlawpedro
outlawpedro

Message  Marc Sam 14 Oct 2017 - 20:45

outlawpedro a écrit: Son superbe effectivement !
Même pour les non anglophones, les parties parlées semblent pouvoir se "décoder" et il nous gratifie  également d' un "Tenth..." de plus de huit minutes Smile .
Le lien pour le concert du 5 alors, bien meilleur effectivement : Broadway 5 Octobre
Marc
Marc
Admin

Message  foué Dim 15 Oct 2017 - 10:29

Marc a écrit:
outlawpedro a écrit: Son superbe effectivement !
Le lien pour le concert du 5 alors, bien meilleur effectivement : Broadway 5 Octobre

merci beaucoup Very Happy
foué
foué

Album préféré : The River

Message  arizona Lun 16 Oct 2017 - 9:01

Merci! j'avoue que c'est surtout la partie musicale qui m'intéresse... Notamment ce Tenth avenue...
arizona
arizona

Message  Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé

Page 2 sur 5 Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Suivant